Looking for a positive, experienced and energetic part time groom to help with two horses at private family stables in Totteridge.
Days – Saturday & Sunday (weekends off managed with week day groom)
Hours – 8am – 6pm
Pay – DOE £15 – £20 gross an hour
Start Date – September 1st
A typical day may include – exercising horses, cleaning stables and yard, food management and feeding, grooming, cleaning and preparing the horses for shows, tack maintenance, upkeep of all equipment, harrowing arena, driving horse lorry to shows and prep pre and post shows (i.e. plaiting, washing, tack preparation etc). Co ordinating with vet, farrier, family as needed.
Please note must have references that can be verified and be able to drive a horse lorry.
- Earliest start date 1st September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Riding School
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 4
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide £15-£20 an hour.
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No