Beautiful yard just outside Lyneham/Calne seeks competition groom to join the existing team. Small team of quality horses ranging from 4 year olds to 3*/4* level. Riding optional but preferred, this will be mostly hacking/canter work when at home. Role includes all yard duties with a great staff to horse ratio. Ability to turn out to a high standard a must. HGV or willingness to gain is desirable. Sole charge may be needed on occasion.
Must be confident handling large fit competition horses. The ability to carry out all yard duties including plaiting, pulling and clipping and equine first aid.
On site cottage available.
Pension, healthcare, great salary dependant of experience, 5.5 day week.
- Earliest start date 1st August 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency Competitive
- Salary guide On application
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly