*£28/£30K pa depending on experience * Well behaved dog welcome *Own horse welcomed with fab facilities (27m x 47m manège with a full set of jumps/regular Clinics, with various trainers from across the UK
- Must be light enough to hack ponies – decent schooling rider ideal but must at least be able to hack competently.
- Some eventing background at some point essential
Small, private, family yard with 2 x 14.2, 1 x 15.2, 1 ponies, and 1 x 16.2 plus 2 x pretty much-retired ponies, one of whom will be going on loan. All at BE 100 /Novice level and a couple of live-out semi-retirees, now seek a new Yard Manager/Groom/Rider.
This busy family has a competitive 15-year-old riding at BE100 but with ambitions, a 20-year-old riding at Novice level, and a completely uncompetitive 22-year- old who likes to hack or school when home.
They are now looking for a child/young person-friendly adult to live in or out and who would ideally be full-time. The owner has a busy business so if you are able to do a bit of admin/bit of light gardening and the odd school run then that’s great, but the horses are the main part of this role. Help from other stable hands who muck out and poo pick about 5 times per week,
For competing and training, (Once or twice a month,) you must have a clean driving license to drive a 3.5t Theault.
Clipping, plaiting and all competition preparation will be down to you and you will be taking the girls to train and competitions, helping with warming up, providing encouragement and companionship. Someone happy to coach/teach within this context would be very useful.
One of the ponies has minor tendon/high suspensory issues and the vet advises that they shouldn’t really be ridden by anyone over 9.5 stone. Good rider,to at least BE Novice level ideally, and lungeing ability vital.
Good DIY livery with services and professional facilities very close by. You would have full access to employer’s facilities if you need them too.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 23rd August 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Person Friday, Admin/Office-based
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard, Riding Club
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Gardener, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £28/£30K
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No