*Furnished 2-bed cottage available *Wage IRO £24k pa and includes accommodation and all bills * Dog welcomed *5 or 5.5 day week available
Based close to a beautiful market town in Staffordshire (and close to the border with Derbyshire), this is a lovely long-term position that is now open to a Family Groom/Rider for a Yard with some fabulous facilities. The horses are produced in a slow and consistent fashion so they can achieve their potential, remaining with the same owner throughout their career and probably beyond 🙂
This is an opportunity for an experienced, sole charge Groom rather than someone at the beginning of their career. 7 horses (with help available).
- 3 well-bred youngsters (with a future in Dressage)
- 1 ridden horse, (12 years old mare ) hacking and basic schooling & confidence giver
- welsh x pony companion 5 years old
- Mare 5 years old who may be an eventer/showjumper depending on how she develops.
The employer has a busy life with 5 children and 4 still at home. The family does a bit of most things and the daughter (14 yo) enjoys showing and some eventing and general riding. You must be capable of all aspects of stable work/horse management/turnout etc and although sole charge, you will need to be relaxed and happy to work with others.
Looking for a kind, knowledgeable and hardworking FT Groom. The ability to do the groundwork to a good standard, school in ridden work and to hack, lunge, and long reining is essential.
Please do call Caroline on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 24th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 or 5.5 days a week negotiable
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £24k to include foc accommodation and all bills paid
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No