*Every other weekend off with a day off in the week between those weekends! *Dog welcomed * Accommodation available *IRO £21,500pa plus accom.subsidy *200 acres of stunning parkland /x country course. *Own horse considered
Position available on a private family yard near Newmarket for a full-time Groom (covering maternity leave with the potential to extend). This is a family yard that do a bit of everything including Hunting & local shows. You must be able to ride and go hunting and the horses/ponies must be kept to a level and kept well mannered. ‘Children’ are 4 adult men, all aged over 20 years!
3 horses (16.2/16.3HH and 2 ponies 13.2 fell and a minature.) Smaller ponies may need groundwork vs ridden. Hunters/big horses are up to a reasonable healthy weight.
Help is available from a part-timer.
The Groom would be mostly sole charge doing a bit of everything ie: Hunting, local shows, beach Riding, woodland riding, hacking and schooling. They will need to be a confident rider, an naturally enthusiastic person and of course, reliable. All duties required to include but not limited to :
- Building up & maintaining fitness levels.
- Supervising a fearless nine-year-old and a few older boys.
- Care of Tack, Tack Room and Stables
- Paddock maintenance
- Basic knowledge of Equine first aid — the ability to spot and deal with minor wounds etc
HGV Licence or trailer Licence would be a bonus (but not essential)
- Earliest start date 4th October 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard, Hunting, Riding Club
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Every other weekend off with a day off in the week between those weekends.
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £21,500 +accommodation allowance TBD
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No