A Varied Groom Position within a stunning Manor House setting, in a Quintessential Cotswold village.
The owners of Thyme, the renowned family run hotel, are looking for an energetic and competent groom/rider, animal lover and green-fingered individual. The position will be varied, primarily looking after 1 horse and 1 pony in the private Manor House yard.
Duties to include:
- mucking out
- tacking up
- turning out
- cleaning tack
- riding out
- feeding lambs
- walking dogs
- looking after chickens
- some gardening
The hours are likely to be from 7am until mid-morning, anything from 2 to 5 mornings a week. A flexible approach would be appreciated. If you can cook light meals that would be marvellous but certainly not expected! There is scope to involve yourself in as much as you’d like!
This is a live out position. The estate is home to Thyme, so it really is a unique place to work.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Earliest start date 6th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required Cook, Gardener, House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Minimum 2 mornings per week
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Competitive rates offered depending on age & experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No