Would also consider an experienced and trustworthy yard manager. Looking for a competent and experienced groom to help lead our team in a head position and love the horses as much as I do. We are a busy yard covering all sorts with horses ranging from stallions, mares and foals to retired and active competition horses, hunters, cobs, ex racehorses and everything in between so need to be confident around different types of horses including youngstock. Stud experience preferred but not essential. Very varied role with lots to see and something different every day so flexibility required. We are not a livery yard but we do provide sales/schooling/breaking services. Job includes all general yard duties and maintaining the yard to a high standard, looking after the horses to a high standard and following direction when given. Looking after and managing junior staff. Groundwork with the youngsters and breakers if capable. Handling stallions, mares, foals etc Good communication skills essential. We are a busy yard of between 40 and 60 horses so this is not a job for someone who has been out of horses and is looking to come back in. This is primarily a non riding position but if someone wanted to join in on hacking, fun rides, hunting etc they’d be very welcome. Ideally a 6 day week with full contract, pension, holiday etc. Flexible on days/hours to a degree. No accommodation available but good wage and close to several towns and villages with plenty of accommodation options.
Previous experience in the industry and within the role. Car driver.
Non available but good wage and plenty of options to rent locally.
Full contract with pension, holiday etc.
- Earliest start date 1st September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No