We are a busy stud/dealing/producing and competing yard with between 50-60 horses, specialising in performance horses but with a wide range of horses including stallions, mares, foals, youngsters, cobs, ex racehorses, active and retired competition horses, hunters, allrounders and everything in between. We are not a livery yard but provide livery services for sales, schooling and breaking. We do not do dangerous or problematic horses but we do get a real variety, often including young, green, hot and sharp. All normal yard duties required and to be performed to a high standard. Looking after the yard and horses is main priority and we all get involved as a team. I’m ideally looking for someone who is also good on the ground with youngstock, perhaps with stud experience, and capable of doing groundwork with them. Riding work is alongside main rider on a wide variety of horses with activities including breaking, hacking, cross country, hunting, fun rides, schooling and jumping if capable. Great opportunity for a confident, competent and ambitious rider looking to learn, improve their skills and progress their career on a wide range of horses. Plenty of opportunity for an ambitious rider to compete and progress. Please no princesses or drama queens. 6 day week, no accommodation on site but plenty of options available to rent locally.
Capable of performing all yard duties to a high standard
Conscientious and reliable with a great attitude.
Competent and confident around and on all kinds of horses.
Trainable and able to take direction
None provided. Plenty of options to rent locally.
Full contract with pension etc.
Training available and opportunity to progress and compete for the right rider.
- Earliest start date 1st September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Trim, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No