LOOKING FOR A FREELANCE OR PART-TIME GROOM FOR A FRIENDLY YARD – LOCATED OXTED, SURREY
Looking for a friendly member of staff to join our professional yard! Help needed on some weekends per month and one week day each week. Hours per day are 8:30am-4:30pm with competitive rates of pay guaranteed.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced, organised and professional individual to join our friendly yard, caring for 7 horses and a number of other, self – sufficient animals.
The ideal person would be knowledgeable, intuitive, friendly and have a passion for animals and for animal welfare. Ideal candidate would be patient and calm around the animals, willing to learn and have a high standard of care and turnout. This role involves a range of various activities such as feeding, grooming, mucking out, turning in/out, overseeing medications, and other general yard duties.
Good knowledge of horse care and ability to spot early signs of illness and injury are crucial. This role entails working in a small friendly team, but also at times on your own so requires someone who is highly reliable, self motivated and proactive.
For more information please enquire within so you can be provided with further information – we look forward to hearing from you!
Former yard experience necessary
Driver with own car
- Earliest start date 6th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Rescue
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 3 - 5
- Salary currency UK POUNDS
- Salary guide 12.00 PER HOUR
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes, No, Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No