Fantastic opportunity to work as part of a team, with top class facilities.
This role will include overseeing the day to day running of the yard, alongside the riders and estate supervisor, and assisting in the yard office.
The main aspect of the job is to supervise and coordinate the grooms on the yard to achieve the following –
Care and management of all horses and equipment.
Ensuring the stables and yard are kept clean, including tack room, feed room and barn.
Grooming and clipping (where appropriate) horses and tidying horses for competition days.
Preparing horses & tack for riders.
Assisting the vet and farrier when necessary and carrying out any prescribed treatments.
Assistance with competitions, and on occasion be willing to act as travelling groom at competitions.
To comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
The successful applicant will also be expected to assist the estate supervisor with administrative tasks; such as – competition entries, record keeping, foal registrations, yard orders, record keeping and any other reasonable duties, as requested.
Previous experience working with fit and young competition horses.
Experience of sole charge on a yard.
Good administrative skills (training available).
Full time, permanent contract to include pension and 28-days paid holiday.
- Earliest start date 13th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills, Sec/PA, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 26-28k
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No, Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No