To work within a team of grooms and riders in maintaining the highest of standards.
This role will include warming up and cooling off the horses for the professional riders, hacking and possibility of some instruction for the right person.
Other duties will include –
Care and management of all horses and equipment.
Ensuring the stables and yard are kept clean, including tack room, feed room and barn.
Grooming and clipping (where appropriate) horses and tidying horses for competition days.
Preparing horses & tack for riders.
Helping assist the vet and farrier when necessary and carrying out any prescribed treatments.
Assistance with competitions and be prepared to act as travelling groom at competitions.
To comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
Previous experience working with fit and young competition horses.
Confident rider, ideally with some competition experience.
Full time, permanent contract to include pension and 28-days paid holiday.
- Earliest start date 13th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 22-24k
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No, Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No