Position available as part of a tight knit hard working team on a family run breeding and competition yard. Competing mainly in dressage and eventing, dealing with horses of every age. Will be involved in the horses first event of their career to horses competing at 4 star eventing / PSG and small tour dressage.
Day to day care for each individual horse is carried out to the highest attention to detail with a particular emphasis on veterinary management and care. Horses are bred to produce and compete rather than for sale so their welfare and care is our priority.
5 day week 8am-5pm, alternate weekends, all on PAYE roll with allocated holidays and sick days. Opportunities for hacking, fast work but will depend on weight and ability. Opportunity to groom at national and international competition.
Must be able to work well as part of a team.
Must be able to perform general yard duties to the highest standard
Would want someone who is able to turn out horses to the highest standard. Clip, trim, plait, etc.
Accommodation on site could be possible for the right candidate but generally a live out position.
5 day week.
Opportunity to play the most vital role in the horses competitive career and watch them born as foals to competing at the highest level.
Massive amount of veterinary input available with 3 vets within the immediate family.
Possible opportunity to bring a horse if livery spaces allow. We also run events on site so access to all facilities and events.
- Earliest start date 9th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Artificial Insemination (AI), Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Start on minimum wage for age group depending on experience with review at 3 months
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes