*Competitive Salary *Optional Riding *Travel to international shows *Career move *Live in or Live Out
Exciting opportunity to join the family eventing yard of a former Olympic Event Rider, with ponies and riders trialling for the European circuit. An excellent opportunity for an appropriately experienced professional groom to join this fun but professional yard.
This is a family yard so you will be the only full time Groom joining the team, with local freelance/ad hoc help to cover time off, trips away to shows and busy periods. There will also be times where you will be in sole charge of the yard.
Applicants must have good organisational skills, be able to help co-ordinate the yard at home, in preparation for travel and away at national and international shows, and plait, clip and turn out horses to a high standard. You will need to be confident and capable to take sole charge at times.
Happy to consider applications from less experienced candidates as there will be lots of opportunities to learn, however, you must be capable and competent handling fit performance horses.
Riding is optional.
An HGV license would be an advantage but this is not essential.
Single accommodation is currently planned for the near future, so local, temporary accommodation can be organised for the right person.
Local, live out Grooms are also welcome to apply.
- A long-term role on a fun, family-based professional eventing yard
- Single accommodation in the pipeline
- Good rates of pay
- Grooming at national and international shows
- Training opportunities
- Optional riding
Regrettably, no room for own horse. Pets/Dogs can be considered on an individual basis.
- Earliest start date 20th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Muck Out, Plait, Show Turnout, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Competitive wage dependent on experience
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes