This job requires a groom that is able to work in a fast past environment for a 5* showjumping team in Godalming, Surrey.
We require a professional individual that is able to handle 3-5yo showjumping horses and turn out to immaculate standard. Duties include mucking out, keeping the yard in top shape, tacking up, washing down, grooming, lunging, plaiting, cleaning tack, feeding horses in the field etc. Hacking and riding youngsters at home is available to the right candidate.
The candidate should be happy to work amongst a team environment and be a team player. This role entails going to shows and staying home when needed.
6 day a week contract with good benefits. 7am-4pm.
Full UK driving licence
At least one reference.
Shared accommodation with a male is available on the yard if required.
Dog is allowed.
34 days paid holiday
Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Earliest start date 20th September 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 1500-2000
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes