We are looking for a competition rider to join our team. We are a commercial showjumping yard that have great success producing horses to GP level. We have all types of horses from youngsters to older horses. Since coming out of lockdown our horses have had successful wins at chard international and Wellington and several national shows. We also have a small breeding herd so always a have good choice of young horses coming through. Excellent facilities in which to work out of, in a nice family atmosphere. Paid on the books monthly inc holiday and pension scheme etc. Live in accommodation is available too. Opportunity of bringing your own horse.
You must have a good competition record and be a good rider of young horses with a good flatwork ethic. We also have a small group of clients who are based with us for training etc so the ability to work alongside them is a necessity.
HGV is a bonus but not paramount.
Present staff highly recommend this position.
- Earliest start date 16th October 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide To be discussed
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes