We are looking for a friendly, hardworking home groom to join our team working on a competition, schooling and livery yard in Blewbury.
The job will involve all general yard duties: mucking out, turning out/bringing in, horses on and off the walker , tacking up, washing and grooming, tack cleaning, lunging, and for the right applicant some riding.
We are looking for someone who is reliable and will work well within our team.
On days when myself and my Head Groom are away/competing this applicant will be expected to be in charge and so must be responsible and trustworthy.
Basic knowledge of horse care. Confidence and competence in handling all types of horses from fit 4* eventers to 4yo horses.
No accommodation available however lots of local places to rent that I would be happy assisting an applicant in finding.
Opportunity to train with myself and other coaches we have come to the yard. Learn how to run a busy yard and how to look after high level event horses. Lots of biscuits and lots of fun!
- Earliest start date 6th October 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Livery
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide 6.75-8.91
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No