We are a small yard of 12 horses based in Richmond Park running a member’s riding club. Looking for a full timer working 5 days/week including one weekend day. Hours are 7-4pm
Your role will be to carry out the daily yard duties (mucking out, filling haynets, poo picking, sweeping etc) as well as helping clients prepare their horses throughout the day and escort rides. All riders can walk, trot and canter so no beginners and no young children.
Candidates should have a good work ethic, be able to follow instructions, use initiative and be competent working alone, have an eye for detail (keeping the yard looking tidy and organised) and be friendly and approachable. We have a lovely community here and the riders must feel welcomed.
We have a big variety of horse. There are weekly staff lessons and plenty of riding if appropriate. We’ve got fantastic hacking as well as an arena.
This is an exciting and unique yard with plenty happening.
Candidates should be confident in the saddle in all 3 paces and be able to ride in a consistent outline.
Please only apply if you have worked full time with horses previously.
Live out position
Weekly riding lessons
Training for BHS staged provided if wanted
- Earliest start date 18th October 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Riding Club
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Depends on experience
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No