We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Horse Unit Manager initially for up to 6 months.
The purpose of this post is to manage the stables which incorporates stabling and pasture of 29 horses and a team of Stables staff. The Horse Unit Manager is responsible for the health and welfare of the horses – ensuring the horses health and medical needs are individually catered for. This will include managing the Stable staff and assisting/supervising the equine students with their duties. Will include associated administrative duties and H&S policies adhered to. Will also manage external Stable hires.
Duties will include:
- Actively managing the Stables to deliver a high quality student-focused, efficient Stables that responds to education, training and commercial demands.
- Responsibility for the welfare of the horses and ensure H&S and biosecurity practices are adhered to at all times. Ensuring licenses and memberships are kept up-to-date, including loan horse paperwork
- Recruiting and managing Stables staff
- Supervising students
- Financial and budget reporting
- Ensuring safe and ethical working of the Stables
- Managing the Stables social media platform
- Developing new external business for new Stable hire
- Liaising with Equine Academic staff and SNEC staff to ensure the smooth running of the education provision and events along with colleagues in Campus and Estates and Farms staff
- Management and development of the Stables
- Managing the Stables budget, ensuring income and expenditure targets are met and comply with SRUC protocol
- Ensuring the Stables complies with Health and Safety requirements and adheres to biosecurity protocol
- Ensuring Vet checks, licenses and memberships are up-to-date
Further details on the responsibilities and requirements for this role can be found in the Job Particulars document downloadable when you click the link below.
To be considered for this role you should be qualified to a minimum of BHS Stage 3 Coach (AI) and/or possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject. A BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach (II) would be desirable. You should have proven yard management experience and a current full, clean driving license is required for this role. A quad bike licence would be desirable. A qualification in first aid is essential.
Competitive salary and benefits
- Earliest start date 22nd November 2021
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Riding School
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Management Skills
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide 29123 - 34255
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No