Nestled amongst the Surrey hills with access to miles of well-maintained bridleways straight from the back door our lovely family is looking for a committed, long-term Groom and Rider. You must be a child-friendly, experienced Groom capable of sole charge and flexible to duties eg: the odd school run.
Horses kept are as follows:
- Mini-Shetland herd three strong- all rescues
- 5yr old 16’2 ISH riding horse
- 16.2 HH 3yr old who will be backed over winter, and then put to foal in the spring.
- A 25 yr old 13’2” pony who has mostly now been retired (some lead rein).
- 3 small horses/ Ponies 13.3 and 14.3 and a 15’2 (which is quite ‘chunky’)
Duties include Yard work, grooming and exercising all the usual equine first aid, feeding, wellbeing yard management ‘norms’ for horses living as this herd does. You would need to be willing to ride out with employers and their 2 children (10/11yrs) so someone ‘child & family friendly’ essential.
Candidates must be confident riding alone and ideally able to ride and lead and enjoy groundwork. You must be confident riding young sport horses. Ideally willing and able to work with the employer to bring on the youngsters and compete them (entry-level/low level), as and when they get to that point. (Pony club and kids‘ jumping/showing classes etc).
There are stables for the horses and a menage, in fact very good facilities.
The family are leisure riders who love their horses and see time spent with them as quality, relaxing time and are looking for a Groom of the same mind. Lightweight jockey is required as the horses are small. should be happy to just enjoy the horses for who they are in a nice, friendly family setting. 🙂
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 21st December 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5 (one day of the weekend, ideally a Sunday but some flexibility.)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £400/£450
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes