*5-day week * Salary negotiable depending on experience and skill sets (iro £450pw pp) * Plenty of riding, including some competing ideally. *The accommodation is suitable for a couple or singles *Rider training is available from reputable visiting trainers.
Nestled amongst the Surrey hills with access to miles of well-maintained bridleways straight from the back door, our lovely family is looking for a child-friendly couple or two single people to help with their horses, yard facilities and their varied equestrian pursuits.
You should be experienced and capable of working with others but also able to take sole charge.
We are looking for those with a cheerful, friendly disposition to ride out regularly with our employers and their 2 children (10/11yrs). You would also need to be happy to take the children to competitions/bring on the horses in their ridden and groundwork education/yard maintenance etc. You would be required to ride their young sports horses, working closely with the employer who ensures all are started slowly and carefully – you should also really enjoy groundwork too! Confident riding alone and ideally able to ride and lead is a bonus 😊
Competition opportunities are also available to suitable applicants, (jumping/showing classes etc). A lightweight jockey is required as the horses are not large.
Flexibility and practicality are key in these family situations, of course, eg: the odd school run, harrowing the menage, light repairs to fences etc may be required. The latter is not essential but would be ideal 😉
Duties include all the usual equine duties but you would need to be comfortable with more natural horse management practices eg: barefoot/horses living as a herd etc. Horses kept currently are as follows:
Mini-Shetland herd three strong- all rescues
5yr old 16’2 ISH riding horse
16.2 HH 3yr old who will be backed over winter, and then put to foal in the spring.
A 25 yr old 13’2” pony who has mostly now been retired (some lead rein).
3 small horses/ Ponies 13.3 and 14.3 and a 15’2 (which is quite ‘chunky’)
There are stables for the horses as/when required and a menage, in fact very good facilities.
Please contact Caroline & The Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 9th May 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Person Friday, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 (one day of the weekend, ideally a Sunday but some flexibility.)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £450pp + accommodation
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes