*Top Remuneration entirely negotiable according to experience *Excellent accommodation *Annual bonus *Private healthcare *Partner welcomed *Pets welcomed *Total confidentiality is assured for tentative discussions without obligation.
An exceptional Stud Groom / Manager is required to oversee and run a progressive, family-run thoroughbred stud and to join a friendly team. With much success, this commercial, boutique stud has an excellent track record and much success at yearling sales, etc.
The role will suit a personable and ambitious individual with proven ability in all aspects of foaling, yearling preparation, and bloodstock management. The job will of course involve all general yard/ stud duties, managing other staff, constant monitoring of stock for general health and conformation, feeding, etc.
You will also be required to undertake all the usual general stud duties looking after approx. 20 Broodmares and followers and manage a small team at this commercially-run, private family Stud Farm.
All the usual skills are required working alongside a small but capable team of professionals.
- Earliest start date 20th December 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Racing Flat, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills, Management Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide *Top package entirely negotiable according to experience plus excellent accommodation
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Tractor
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes