*One-bed self-contained flat *5 day week *£21,060 (£405 per week) – negotiable plus accommodation *Dog welcomed *Horse considered
Sole charge position ideal for an experienced professional Groom/Exercise Rider to look after 6/7 lovely 4* competition horses plus a miniature Shetland
Other horses are kept on the yard ( 3-4 years old upwards) but the position is well supported with some help on the yard from owners/Rider/family and a PT groom for this. The campaigning competition horses would be your primary focus.
All normal yard duties are required and this role would only suit someone capable of looking after and handling fit competition horses and enjoys/ is capable of turning out to a high standard.
Ideally, you will be able to exercise ride experienced horses. No need to be able to ride the youngsters, ( only if keen/capable!) Would be great if happy to accompany the Rider on the electric bike if she is hacking youngsters around the farm!
The employer says they always keep the biscuit tin well stocked and provide picnic lunches when out for the day training/competing. They recognise the groom’s jobs it is hard work but really try to be considerate and look after the staff.
Super well equipped, fully furnished one bedroomed self-contained flat above stables, with beautiful views. Bath and shower in the bathroom
Fabulous 3* Event facilities to work in – Indoor and outdoor arenas, off-road hacking, lunge pen, 5 horse walker, laundry room, washroom with hot water and heat lamps, horse treadmill, post and rail turn out paddocks
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 6th December 2021
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5 (try to offer consecutive days off not always possible)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £21,060 (£405 per week) - negotiable plus accommodation
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly