*Euros 33-35K neg + accommodation subsidy (Package is flexible depending on the experience) *5 day week *Own horse welcomed
Only 80 minutes from Dublin airport and 60 minutes from Belfast airport. Nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside is 1,000 acres of a spectacular, private estate
Full-time Equestrian Centre Yard Manager required to run a progressive and forward-thinking team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to progress in their career in the Equine Industry in a beautiful location.
The role of the Yard Manager is suited to those who have a strong background in equestrian yard management and with a third level qualification in equine management or other relevant and appropriate qualification together with BHSAI.
In all operations, you must be capable of and willing, to carry out each and every task in the yard yourself, and will be expected to lead by example. You must also be able to delegate and to inspire all members of the team. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all the required jobs are done timeously and professionally by smart, courteous, staff.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: You will assist the Estate Manager on the day to day management
of the yard and operation of the Equestrian Centre on the Estate.
Your main objectives will be:
To maintain high standards of teaching in the yard
Maintaining high standards of turnout of all horses
Ensuring that tack is clean and maintained fit for purpose. (Keep updated records on tack repairs and tack checks and report to the Equestrian Manager on any replacements required.
Ensure the animal welfare is never compromised.
Ensure that the horses’ health, nutrition and medical treatments are up to date.
Be responsible for the training of all staff and ensure that all training records are upto date
- Assist with the Estate Manager on staff issues and requirements.
- Supervision of Equestrian Centre staff in managing the day to day activities of the
- Report to the Estate Manager and the Hotel Manager, all incidents, accidents and
near misses that occur to staff or clients at the equestrian centre.
- To personally carry out teaching duties and escort rides with support from relevant
staff, in a safe and professional manner.
- To assist and ensure assessments of riders and horses are completed.
- Supporting the coaches through the smooth running of the yard in relation to
lessons, pony camps, private lessons, therapeutic riding and equine-assisted
- Assist with the teaching of tourism and any other courses the centre may be responsible
for eg ETB course.
- Assist the Estate Manager with livery needs and help ensure the smooth running of
the livery yard.
React quickly and decisively to all customer enquiries and problems
Facilities include:300 new cross-country jumps from knee-high to knee tremblers built by Willis Bros. of Badminton Horse Trials fame* 21 miles of meandering bridleways * Mile-long all-weather gallop * 56 stables * Virtual horse for beginners * 50×30 meter indoor arena with indoor cross-country fences * Tiered seating for 200 plus private dining/viewing room
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 10th January 2022
- Continent/Country Ireland
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Riding Instructor
- Yard disciplines/Activities Pony Club Activities, Riding Club, Riding Holidays, Riding School
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 (weekends by previous arrangement)
- Salary currency Euros
- Salary guide Euros 33-35K neg + accommodation subsidy (Package is very flexible depending on the experience)
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No, Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes