Due to our current Yard Manger re locating up north, we are looking for someone else to step into this role.
All normal daily duties required as well as the running of the yard. A handover period will be given to the new candidate.
Experience in this role is necessary as your role will include but isn’t limited to:
- Ordering supplies, feed, bedding, hay etc
- Organising staff rota
- Liaising with vet, physio, farrier
- Keeping the yard well maintained
- Upkeep of horses, clipping, manes etc
- Preparing the horses for shows/ training.
We are a small friendly team with the horses welfare as our number one priority. Courtyard style yard with 6 boxes, 7 in work, 4 retired horses who live out 24/7 & 1 Shetland. The yard runs with 2 full time members of staff and 2 part time covering days off.
- A can do attitude.
- Experience in a management role on a competition yard.
- Driving licence- accommodation is off-site.
- HGV a bonus!
- 5 day week (Sunday & Monday off)
- 28 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme
- Salary is dependent on experience IRO £28k including own off-site accommodation.
- Earliest start date 1st February 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Family Yard
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Administration
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide IRO £28k
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No