Private family show jumping stud yard in North Wiltshire/Cotswolds, requires sole charge manager. Looking after foals, brood mares and young stock. Role to include foaling, breaking, yard duties, horse care, house sitting and horse transport.
Live in position. Previous experience with handling foals, breaking in, riding and handling young horses, foaling, care of broodmares and yard management. Keeping the stud to a high standard of care and cleanliness.
private 1 bed newly refurbished flat with own garden, large living area and walk in wardrobe. Away from the hose and close to horses.
In return for high standards and reliability we offer a generous salary, flat and utilities paid for. Own horse a possibility. Other animals subject to compatibility. Plus bonuses.
- Earliest start date 11th February 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Manager, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Horse Transport, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Pounds Sterling
- Salary guide 20,000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes