If you care deeply about the horses in your care; if you thrive on their success and progress; if you are a hard worker and team player; if you want a job where questions, training and knowledge are encouraged then keep reading!
We are a family owned competition yard looking for someone who shares our philosophy to join us. We have been breeding our own horses for 14 years to produce in dressage and eventing. Our grooms are involved in, and a massive part of, the horses first event of their career, to their debut at 4 star eventing / PSG and small tour dressage. We run an equestrian centre and livery yard so that we can produce our horses solely to bring on, not to sell, so their welfare and progress is our priority. Day to day care for each individual horse is carried out to the highest attention to detail with a particular emphasis on veterinary management and care. All general duties.
If you are looking for a job where you spend most of your time riding this is not for you. EVERYONE mucks out, EVERYONE walks in the rain to the field, usually laughing. There will be hacking, lunging, poss fast work opportunities but these are taught to a high standard due to massive impact these activities can have on a horses way of going.
5 day week 8am-5pm, always 1 hour for lunch, alternating weekends, accommodation available, all on PAYE roll with allocated holidays and sick days. Possible space for a horses on site, amazing facilities.
Must have a passion for the care and welfare of our horses, like they were your own!
Good work ethic and ability to work in a team
Ability to learn or adapt skills to our approach
Recently furbished one bed bedsit
Also 3 bedroom static caravan, sole use.
Great atmosphere to work in, with a very social group.
Amazing facilities on site if bringing own horse
Learning, role progression etc encouraged
- Earliest start date 16th January 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None, Handyman, Groundsman
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency NMW during trial period, then altered depending on performance
- Salary guide NMW
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes