To work as part of a team on a busy commercial carriage driving yard. All general yard duties, some riding for the right applicant. Grooming on horse drawn funerals and weddings. All funeral prep work, including turning the horses out to a very high standard ready for weddings and funerals and maintaining the harness and carriages. Also looking after our private hunters and keeping them fit and turned out for hunting.
Driving experience is not essential as full training will be giving.
Must be competent with big strong fit horses.
must have driving licence .must be able to turn out to a very high standard. Class 2 a bonus but not essential
- Earliest start date 31st January 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Carriage Driving, Hunting
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Clip, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency Sterling
- Salary guide 20000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes