Scottish National Equestrian Centre
SRUC Oatridge, West Lothian
£21,778 – £24,891 per annum (under review) based on a 40 hour working week.
Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors. The Scottish National Equestrian Centre (SNEC) based at our Oatridge Campus, is a modern venue for equestrian sports and activities. It currently boasts fantastic facilities, including 80m x 40m international 400-seater arena, 60m x 25m warm up arena, 110m x 80m outdoor turf arena. The centre is used both as an educational and training facility for SRUC students and as a commercial equestrian venue.
SRUC is looking to recruit a Groundsperson to support the Equestrian Facilities Manager and Stable and Yard Supervisor in all ground operations associated with the equestrian facilities. The role will include maintenance of the arena surface, paddocks (grazing, fencing and water supplies), and stables (fodder, muck, cleanliness and hygiene).
The areas of work will include but not be limited to:
• Supporting the Equestrian Facilities Manager in the delivery equine education and training programmes and in the commercial equestrian hires and events at Oatridge
• Undertaking all areas of arena, stables, yard and paddocks maintenance
• Participating in and supporting the equestrian team at Oatridge in their delivery of commercial events and hires
Candidates should possess a recognised qualification in groundswork/rural skills and should also have relevant first aid qualifications and certificates of competency for relevant vehicles and equipment. Proven groundswork experience is essential as is experience in machinery use including power tools, and agricultural vehicles such as tractor, quad bike, trailers, forklift and telehandler.
Further details on the responsibilities and requirements for this role can be found in the Job Particulars document downloadable when you click the link below.
Closing date: 28 February 2022
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
- Earliest start date 2nd April 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Livery
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Maintenance Skills, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required Groundsman
- Accommodation provided None
- Salary currency UK Pounds
- Salary guide £21,778 - £24,891 per annum (under review) based on a 40 hour working week
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes