|*Live in or out * Own dog & horse welcomed *£400-£475pw negotiable *5/5.5/6 day week negotiable *Equally open to live out applicants with children and can accommodate school runs/bring them to work during school holidays etc. if required.
🙂 This is a great opportunity to work for a really flexible employer and to show what you can do in a key Head Groom role for a large, busy yard with lots going on 🙂
The yard has a mix of livery, private competition horses, and essentially riding school horses/ponies but with a difference, they all go out to compete with the yard’s clients! They each have a key rider but are cared for by the team.
The owner currently has 2 broodmares and 2 foals with 2 foals due this season. The owner competes at British Showjumping – they are out training clients at both junior and senior shows weekly so the Head Person needs to be used to and capable of sole charge.
There will be a full team to manage as this is a well-staffed yard but each will muck out 7-9 stables each morning and as you will be required to muck in and out with your team, a good level of working fitness will be required. The staff team are friendly, they help one another out and they enjoy being managed efficiently by a good leader.
The yard is set across 4 American barns and the barns are split by purpose: Training, Livery, Livery & competition, and barn where horses are produced for clients/for the school.
All usual duties include: prep and turn out (or delegation of) the competition horses/ ponies, ordering hay, feed, bedding, etc.
Accommodation is a one-bedroom maisonette but unfortunately, not suitable for a family with children but great for sole occupancy.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 4th July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding School, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None, Single
- Days per week 5/5.5/6 nrgotiable. Hours flexible
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £400-£475 pw negotiable depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes