*Sole Charge *Dog and horse welcomed *Partner welcomed*Accommodation available *IRO £20Kpa & accomm. neg *Excellent hacking *Possibility of lessons.
Experienced Hunt Groom required to work on this friendly family yard. Main role is as you would expect but cheerful, flexible person desired as occasionally there will be some “person Friday” duties eg: house sitting etc 🙂
You will be looking after 4 Hunters ranging from 15.2hh to 16.1hh (all well-schooled,) plus an ‘old faithful’ retiree and a 2-year-old who mostly live out.
The successful applicant must know hunting, be self-motivated, tidy, reliable and have a sense of humour. The job requires all yard duties and responsibility for turning out the horses to a high standard. Must be able to clip, pull manes etc.
The family also run a successful B& B business so some flexibility to other duties is required. In the summer you will be more involved with this side of things when the yard is quieter. All year round there will be a requirement to do some other duties as time allows ie walk dogs/feed and lock away ducks and chickens etc.
The ideal candidate will have done sole charge before and possess either a trailer license and /or a 7.5t lorry license so can take horses to meets.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 quoting job ref JL9271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 6th January 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £20K + & accomm depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes