* Accommodation costs & bills covered. * Salary IRO £26-28K+ pa negotiable depending on experience and qualifications *Discretionary, generous end of year bonus *Very interesting role
🙂 We have placed several staff with these employers during 2021 and most are still in situ with the feedback in all respects extremely positive. ‘Lovely family, a great place to work, nice people, more than fair remuneration, very nice accommodation’. 🙂
We are looking for a capable Rider/Groom/Instructor for the family. This must be someone who possesses a good level of basic flatwork and is without a’ hot seat’ to exercise Elite horses for a relatively inexperienced equestrian family who love to ride in their leisure time. The horses need to be kept as calm and rideable as possible for the family and their visitors and are chosen for quality and temperament with this in mind in the first instance.
The horses themselves are very considerately managed, so you must be prepared to handle all aspects of their care and welfare as well as riding to cooldowns/ hacking/ assisting with some low-level carriage driving, tack cleaning and an ability to present the horses extremely well is a must. An ability to gauge the experience levels of horses & riders and match accordingly and then offer friendly, basic instruction is essential.
This role would suit a team player with a friendly, can-do attitude.
You should also be vigilant and knowledgeable on yard management basic veterinary care.
The yard/estate houses some 200/300 staff and is a very sociable environment with an onsite gym/many running buddies & a real communal atmosphere. The family has some Covid vulnerable members so when in residence this year there will still be a Covid free bubble (June-early Autumn 2022); but this just adds to the close-knit nature of the estate community and after this season the bubbling is unlikely to be repeated.
Accommodation is on-site this year but in the Autumn will be found elsewhere and be of a high standard.
6 day week, (some days very quiet and some flexibility/others full on so flexibility essential)
Call Caroline and The Grooms List team on 0203 006 5730or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 11th April 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Riding Instructor
- Yard disciplines/Activities Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Trekking
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6 (some days very quiet and some flexibility/others full on so flexibility essential)
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide *Accommodation costs & bills covered. * Salary IRO £26-28K+ pa neg.depending on experience and qualifications *Discretionary, generous end of year bonus
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes