Millfield School is seeking a Stable Manager to head up our dynamic and hardworking team.
Millfield is one of the leading UK independent schools for boys and girls, aged 2-18 years. Millfield is not like other schools and never has been. Founded in 1935, Millfield’s vision is to be the world leader for the development of children. There are nearly 1300 students at the senior school (year 9 to U6) and a further 450 students at the neighbouring Prep School. Millfield’s size brings great opportunity, and the facilities are unmatched in the UK: an Olympic-sized swimming pool, golf courses, indoor centres for tennis, golf and cricket and an equestrian centre; concert hall, recording studio, theatre, art gallery, hi-tech Science block and outstanding teaching facilities; and high-quality boarding accommodation.
We have a large Equestrian Centre which has stabling for 40 horses with both indoor and outdoor arenas. We have ten riding school horses plus student livery horses.
The role of the Stable Manager will be to assist with (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that duties allocated to grooms are carried out to the highest standards.
- Assist in the planning of daily routines.
- Achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of care of all horses and ponies at Millfield Equestrian Centre.
- Communication with livery owners, ensuring that attention to detail and individual requirements are balanced with practical care and attention.
- Responsibility for repair, cleanliness, maintenance and storage of yard equipment and machinery.
- To coach and lecture pupils and exercise horses when required.
The successful applicant will have experience of managing a large yard and team, exceptional communication skills and be dedicated to the care of their equine charges.
The Stable Manager will work an average of 51 hours per week during term time between the hours of 6.45am to 6.30pm and an average of 41.75 hours per week during non-term time between the hours of 7.30am to 5.30pm.
In return you will receive a salary of £30,000 per annum, generous holiday entitlement, freshly prepared lunches for just £10 per month, access to the school facilities and discounts/cashback on high street shops and restaurants through the school’s Employee Assistance Programme.
Optional on-site accommodation is also available in a self-contained flat at a current rate of £215 per month (subject to change).
- Earliest start date 22nd July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities College, Livery, Riding School, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided Single
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide 30,000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes