To look after 6-7 polo ponies, 6 days a week on a busy but fun polo yard, in the beautiful Salisbury countryside.
Horses currently live out at night and in during the day
Your role would be to tack up for lessons/clients, exercise – leading sets, school if capable, turn out to a high standard, clean tack, muck-out, keep yard tidy, help with the horses on the premises (moving them – very occasionally) , prepare for matches and chukkas.
Occasionally go away to groom at different clubs for matches.
Working along side a team of 6 current grooms.
Muck out, tack-up
Ideally be able to walk, trot, canter – Although can be taught
Bandage – Again can be taught
Accommodation onsite, all bills paid for.
On bedroom but shared living facilities above the yard.
Friendly grooms who work hard and have a strong team work ethic, alongside the kindest and sweetest ponies.
Opportunity to learn more in other areas of the business
Lots of hands on experience if wanted with the breeding programme
- Earliest start date 17th May 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Yard disciplines/Activities Polo
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Dependant on experience
- Salary guide Dependant on experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes