Friendly enthusiastic reliable groom to work with a small number of competition horses on a private yard in the Scottish Borders. Opportunity to groom at competitions. Willing to take on a less experienced person with the right attitude as training will be given.
Private Yard with 4-6 horses. Primary interest is Eventing. Horses have a varied routine with hacking, training, competing and daily turnout. American Barn style stabling, 10 acres of turnout, 30x60m outdoor arena.
Ability to handle, look after and turn out competition horses on a small private yard and work as part of a friendly team. Must be capable of exercising horses with owners and taking sole charge.
Must live out.
Excellent salary depending on age and experience.
- Earliest start date 10th July 2022
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride, Show Turnout
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £ sterling
- Salary guide £17,000- £22,000pa depending on age and experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No