Millfield School is looking to recruit an Equestrian Coach to deliver technical coaching and competition programmes for Equestrian riders at Millfield Equestrian Centre.
We are looking for someone with the ability to help grow the department, to deliver a technical coaching programme across all riders and engage and apply new ideas and fresh concepts for training and development.
Further duties of the role will also include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting competitions for all riders with a termly plan as part of rider development plans
- Supporting all marketing & public relations activity of Millfield Equestrian Centre including communications to parents, coaches, equine and rider support staff, National Governing Bodies and other relevant Organisations and Federations to provide an aligned and connected development programme (IDP) for riders
- Working in collaboration with the stable manager to support the upkeep of the facilities within the department including the yard, outdoor arena, paddocks, canter track, indoor riding school, jumps and exercise / playing areas, all deficiencies being reported to Grounds & Gardens / Estates team and to maintain all equipment to a high standard
The successful applicant will be a BHS accredited professional coach or equivalent with at least 5 years practical coaching experience of youth development riders across most equestrian disciplines. They will have an excellent knowledge of the equestrian world with current knowledge of the competitive landscape and experience of overseeing rider and horse development plans.
This is a full-time, 52-week role across the days of Monday to Saturday for which you will receive a salary of £32,000 per annum, 10 weeks holiday, freshly prepared lunches for just £10 per month, access to the school facilities and discounts/cashback on high street shops and restaurants through the school’s Employee Assistance Programme.
- Earliest start date 1st July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery, Polo
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Computer Skills, Management Skills, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Monday-Saturday
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide £32,000
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No