We are looking for a Stable Yard Manager to join an award winning Equine Facilitated Leadership (EFL) business which is relocating to Staffordshire in July 2022. We are a non-ridden yard that works with corporate leaders and teams to develop their nonverbal communication by working with our horses on the ground (no riding involved).
We have a working herd of 5 horses aged 9 to 23 who work with clients and we are building an additional retirement herd of 5 retirement horses.
This is a new role in a new location and provides an opportunity for the right candidate to shape the role based on experience and interests and be part of an exciting fast-paced entrepreneurial business.
Non-ridden activities are varied and include managing the yard and care of 10 horses, managing and training an apprentice, managing suppliers and yard visitors (vet, farrier, etc). You will also assist on client workshops which are held several times a month, handling the horses and talking to clients.
Additional responsibilities can be tailored based on experience and could include any of the following:
- Marketing and social media
- Graphic design
- IT skills
- Experience and confidence in handling large horses 16 hands and above
- Willingness to listen to our horses and handle them with kindness
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Equine first aid training will be provided
- Any of the following skills would be an advantage but not essential – sales, marketing, social media, graphic design, admin or IT
This is a live out position.
This is a fast-paced entrepreneurial business and there is an option to get involved in developing tech skills, social media and marketing skills if this is of interest.
We are also developing a leadership app and there is potential to get involved in growing this separate tech business.
Owner specialises in coaching and leadership and will provide exemplary training and development opportunities for the right candidate.
Full time contract with 28 days holiday, pension and statutory sick pay
A driving licence is required due to rural location.
- Earliest start date 25th July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Admin/Office-based, Other
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills None
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Based on experience
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No