Sole charge groom for small family stud. Several stallions, along with youngstock. Good turnout skills essential, as well as handling and production/breaking of horses. Very little mucking out! Shows on occasion but not constantly. Also help with admin side of a timber harvesting business. Possibly so household chores
Riding available if wanted. Live in/out or help finding accommodation locally. Own horse a possibility. Excellent transport links as 2 miles from m74. Hours can be flexible. Can come to shows or stay at home, whatever is preferred. 1000s of acres of off road hacking, and indoor arena.
Must be experienced with you youngstock and stallions. Must drive as no public transport. Admin experience would be helpful. Good turnout out skills, and able to work independently
Double bedroom with ensuite in family home. Has own staircase to room.
Own horse a possibility. Dog possible but would have to get on with our own dogs.
- Earliest start date 1st July 2022
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Groom, Rider/Groom, Sole Charge, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper, Person Friday, Admin/Office-based
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery, Sales, Showing, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Housekeeper, House Sitting
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week Flexible
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No