Beautiful fully equipped yard based near Wootton Bassett in Wiltshire. Home to a small team of truly talented event horses, ranging from 4* – 4yr olds. We have a busy and exciting second half of the season ahead, we seek a second show groom who ideally has their HGV or is willing to take asap. Great opportunity for a keen and ambitious groom who’ll be looking to take on the head groom role at the end of the season. Chance to ride most days, usually fast/fittening work.
Show grooming experience and ideally a HGV. Able to trim, clip and pull.
Shared accommodation – 3-bed in a 3-bed house, shared with two other grooms, one of which is working on a separate yard.
Spacious accommodation, competitive wage, full contract, 5.5 day week and 30 days annual leave.
- Earliest start date 11th July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 1 HGV, Category C
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No, Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No