*Salary IRO £35-£40K pa neg. depending on experience *Live in or out *Relaxed environment
A large, friendly family with a home comprising 5 bedrooms, and 6 bathrooms set within a 60-acre equestrian property in the heart of the Surrey Hills is now looking for an experienced Housekeeper.
The successful applicant will be competent and confident in the care of delicate materials and antiques, child-friendly (two older children 12 and 13), animal-friendly, (two large dogs, horses, as well as one cat and some tropical fish all kept on-site!
Other staff working on the estate maintaining the horses and grounds, (head groom, an estate manager, and two groundsmen) . Non-smoker and driver essential. Cooking is not generally required (unless childminding).
Key duties and responsibilities :
- To ensure the home is kept organised, clean and tidy
- Maintaining an inventory of household items, equipment, and furniture
- Notifying homeowners of any accidents or problems while rendering service
- Establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures for cleaning and organising the home or facility
- Keep on top of the laundry, ironing, and wardrobe management
- Running errands and organising the home
- Driving (do the necessary shopping and school runs etc.)
- Occasional childminding and school runs required
- Pet care
- Creating systems if and when needed and/or maintaining them
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Product/fabric/surface knowledge
- washing, ironing, and handwashing
- General tidying up
- Daily cleaning of Kitchen, Bathrooms, Loos, and family-shared areas
- Hoovering and dusting
- Making beds
- Shopping for the house
- Putting away deliveries
- Dealing with visiting trades and contractors (oversee their work) and monitoring household maintenance
Qualifications/ Qualities and skills required (Specific Housekeeper experience requirements) eg:
- Proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper etc.
- Clean Driving license
- Childcare quals
- DBS check will be required
- High attention to detail
- Not cutting corners
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Family and client-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
Pls call Caroline & The Grooms List team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 12th September 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Sole Charge, Housekeeper
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Housekeeper, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None, Single
- Days per week 5/5/5/6 by negotiation
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO IRO £35-£40K pa neg. depending on experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No