Private competition yard near Thame, Oxon seeks a full-time, live-out groom to join our fun and professional team of head groom, part time groom & rider. Eight competition horses, jumping, working hunter, dressage & polo.
5 days a week (Tuesday & Wednesday off) 730am – 1pm and 4-6pm (winter)/5-7pm (summer). All horse and yard care, some exercising (not essential if non-rider), paddock maintenance, occasional grooming at competitions.
All levels of experience considered as relevant training will be given, however at least 1 year grooming experience preferred (ideally eventing or jumping). Own car.
Good salary, paid holiday & pension.
- Earliest start date 17th July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Polo, Showjumping, Working Hunter
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout
- Non-equine skills required Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £18,000 (more for experienced individuals)
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, Tractor
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No