Family with two young children, ponies, horses and dogs looking for a groom/girl Friday happy to join family life!
Daily duties include mucking out, grooming, clipping, plaiting, riding the hunter, lunging the ponies, attend shows, preparing for hunting, general maintenance & tack cleaning, driving a 7.5 tonne box.
Help with school runs (children aged 5 and & 7 yrs), making children’s tea on occasion and overseeing homework. Some babysitting.
Light gardening duties and willingness to be a second pair of hands and happily take on random things that pop up in family life.
We’re looking for someone with very high standards and confident to work on their own. Motivated, lots of initiative and tells a good joke!
Able to ride, maintain high standards of horse care and yard maintenance, drive a 7,5tonne lorry, chip in with anthything.
2 bed flat with own garden.
Be in the beautiful Cornish countryside, near the sea but close enough to Plymouth if you need a night out!
- Earliest start date 17th July 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Au Pair, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Au Pair
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide £20,000-£28,000
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive 7.5t
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No