*Own horse & dog welcomed *Modern flat available * 5 days a week (a fair division re weekends off) *Salary competitive and negotiable to reflect experience. (IRO £20-£25K pa)
Set amongst 130 acres in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, this is a great opportunity for a keen Groom capable of sole charge. The Owners are now taking a much more relaxed approach to it all though, so this is not a high-pressure environment.
🙂 Some riding, but a quiet yard these days, purely run for the enjoyment of all concerned, but to good standards 🙂
With a hands-on approach, you will be able to work within a small team on this once very successful Stud/Showjumping yard and working farm now downsized to 5/6 broodmares, a small herd of youngstock and 6/7 competition horses at various stages.
The successful candidate will be practical and well organised with a ‘can do’/problem solving approach. You should be flexible enough to pitch in with DIY, gardening or any other tasks needed and NB other animals on the farm eg: Cows, sheep plus chickens, dogs, cats, etc. Farm help will be essential plus all the usual fence, wall, and grass maintenance required. Ability and confidence on machines is useful. Often sole charge. Some stud experience is ideal but not essential but some handling of foals and the odd young horse or two will be required.
Attention to detail is a must and the ability to cope in a crisis. Must have a can see and can do attitude to work. Would probably suit a fit more mature person with love of the area and countryside pursuits.
Please call Caroline on 07747 686118 or 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 21st August 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency IRO £20-25Kpa plus accommodation
- Salary guide Salary totally competitive and negotiable to reflect experience.
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes