*5-day week with most weekends off (but some flexibility on occasion) * Strong preference for live out but accommodation could be sourced *Dog welcomed * Horse welcomed *Chance to be sponsored for lorry license * IRO £20-£25K pa negotiable depending on experience
Sole charge experienced Groom/Rider required for a busy family to manage their 4 horses, currently: a mare and foal, and clients 3 ridden horses.eventing/hunting/leisure horses.
Employer hunts once or twice a week in the season and BE events in the summer (BE 80/’90). Groom needs to be able to turnout (Clip, plait, bandage, etc). and be able to drive a 7.5t lorry or at least be willing to take the test. Some competition and hunting outings are required.
Both clients are busy professionals so on working days need to have horses tacked up and looked after/put out or away afterward. Employers hands-on at weekends and evenings and cover Grooms days off/holidays.
Groom should be a capable exercise rider/schooling rider a bonus. There are opportunities to hunt but this is not essential. You should be willing and able to house sit with 3 beagles when owners are on holiday/away but always by prior arrangement.
Please call Caroline on 07747686118 /0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 22nd August 2022
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride, No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required House Sitting, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £20-£25K pa negotiable depending on experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes