- Age 38 years
- Date of Birth 2nd November 1982
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Cheshire, UK, Merseyside, UK, Shropshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 13th January 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week as now working on a casual basis
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am 36 years old, I have my BHSAI & I have worked in the equestrian industry for approx 15 years. I have a large amount of experience with competition horses mostly dressage horses, event horses & hunters. I am a competent rider & I compete BD, BE & BS. I have produced my own 4 year old who competes at BD Prelim & Novice, working Elementary at home – we won the Area Festival Final at Field House 2018 & we won the BD National Championships at Hartbury in 2018 – only at prelim …..but you have to start a youngster off at the beginning! I have also competed him at BS 90cm & 95cm. I have evented several horses at BE 90cm & 1m. I am competent & experienced at schooling both youngsters & older more trained horses, hacking out, getting event horses & hunters fit up the gallops & lunging /pessoa. I am particulary strong at schooling horses on the flat. I also enjoy SJ & XC schooling. I am fully competent at all yard duties, clipping, plaiting & turning out. I am perfectly capable sole charge and / or as part of a team or leading a team.
Looking to stay within Cheshire/Shropshire area.
I have also done alot of freelance teaching at equestrian centres, pony club & private clients.
I thoroughly enjoy schooling horses and the opportunity to compete / produce horses would be even better.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am am particulary good at dressage/flatwork schooling. I have been told my plaits are “amazing” on numerous occasions so i believe i am very good at turning a horse out! I also have OCD and i am very good at keeping everything organised & tidy!
I have been told im very good at clipping, but in all honesty I hate it!
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Riding , as you can never stop learning. I would love the opportunity to ride older more trained horses to learn more advanced dressage movements. I would also love the opportunity to improve my jumping as I really enjoy it but it doesnt come naturally to me & I have to try hard & practice alot .
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a straight talking, honest, hard working girl with a good sense of humour who is reliable, dedicated & good at her job.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Ideally a rider or rider/groom position on a dressage or eventing yard.
• Do you need accommodation?
More than likely unless it is commutable distance from the Wirral.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a dog & a horse (gelding)
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No but flexibility to compete my own horse would be good. I am happy to be flexible back.