- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 26th February 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 31st March 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None, Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Most recently I have been working at an accredited riding school as a rider/ coach and have been free lancing riding and bringing on peoples horses. I also have experience with Caroline March the event we being here only groom at the time and travelling too competitions with her Meaning I was responsible for all thing event horse. I have been involved within the equine industry since the age of 6 where i began riding at my local riding school, I then proceeded to work here from the ages of 8 to 13 where I developed in-depth skills of handling all variety of horses. I have also had loan horses all throughout my life whom also varied in personalities, breeds, heights, ages etc. Upon leaving school in 2014 I went on to complete my Level 3 extended diploma in equine care and management at Otley college, achieving the highest grade of a Distinction in both theory and practical including nutrition, biology, teaching, turnout and ridden work. During the time at college I also had a work placement at Pete Tye eventing where I completed 500 hours in the school year, my work here included regular day to day running, grooming at competitions, working with stud horses and youngsters, and handling all variety aged fit competition horses.
Motivated- I am very competitive with a strong motivation to succeed, always having a part time job throughout my studies demonstrates personal motivation to continually develop myself and my skills.
Hard Working- My willingness to learn has created a hard working individual who strive for the best results, a positive attitude towards any tasks makes working hard come naturally no matter the task.
Compassionate- With strong passion in anything I am asked to do, allowing me to feel sympathetic in situations therefore making me an understanding and approachable individual.
Leadership- Able to take charge of a situation when necessary, contributing to professional and respectable results. As well as having the ability to be led by others if required.
Self-Efficient- Capable of working alone using one’s individual initiative to complete tasks to the standard required.
Team Work- Although self-efficient I also hold the ability to contribute within a team to achieve desired results.
I also have equine specific skills such as turning out to a sufficient competition standard including plaiting/ grooming/ tack-cleaning and clipping, handling and riding a variety of horses both in age/ breed/ personality. I am also skilled in being time conscious and completing tasks to a high standard in small time frames allocated.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy building a bond with them and seeing improvements in us both as individuals and as a team. I love competition grooming and believe this is where my passion lies but I also enjoy the day to day care of the animals from general yard duties to riding and rehabilitating them from injury.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Although I am already competent I would like to improve ion my competition turnout such as plaiting/ clipping. AN area I would also like to improve is my jumping and flat work skills on a variety of horses.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m a hard working individual who has the ability to get along with different personalities, I always put the horses needs before my own and am conscious in being the best I can be. I am competent enough to use my initiative to complete tasks alone but also have a sufficient ability to work along side others to get the best results.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to ideally be a competition groom and want to gain all knowledge I need to better myself in the industry of horses.
- Do you need accommodation?
Ideally accommodation would be beneficial however if close enough to home then I am willing to commute for the right position.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
If i am able to bring my OTTB that I am bringing on to event
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?