- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 30th July 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Scotland, UK
- Job Category Permanent
- Earliest start date 3rd May 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Family Yard
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have life long experience with horses both in care, riding and now some coaching too. I have worked as an employee for professional yards and riders and also as a freelancer covering holidays, exercising, day to day care and sales preparation for private clients. I have chosen to diversify my disciplines to compliment, challenge and gain a variety of skills to provide a more comprehensive service to my employers and clients. I have experience in hunting, dressage & eventing and am qualified in BHS stage 2 complete with the view to continue these qualifications. My passion has always been in dressage but I acknowledge how beneficial flat work is in all disciplines.
I prefer sole charge with the opportunity to work closely with a small number of horses to provide high quality care and training, although I also work well as part of a team when given sole responsibilities and projects. I have the ability to turn horses out to a high standard and pride myself on my quiet but competent manner when handling a verity of personalities. I have extensive management experience in various fields outside of the equine industry which compliments my ability to work efficiently and in an organised and logical manner in the running of a yard and in managing teams and individuals. I enjoy the progress in producing young horses and also seeking to find the best techniques, management and care for each horse as an individual to be able to excel in whatever discipline they are in. Riding is my passion but I have a holistic understanding of how a horse is produced and how they develop with the long term benefits in the forefront of my mind.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I am passionate about the individual development of horses and their furtherment in their discipline.
I am committed to my ongoing learning and always seek to improve and adapt for the benefit of the animals I have the privilege to work with.
I bring a fresh, creative and positive injection to my approach with horses which enables a innovative engagement.
I am ambitious and will always seeks to challenge myself.
I am a perfectionist, and although this can be spun into a positive in a lot of ways I have found it to be restricting sometimes in that I prefer to know that I have the time and autonomy to produce my best work. In some cases it does lead me to burn out and so I often have to be careful to manage my time in order to balance my work life balance.
- Further riding, training & competition experience
- Preference to live in, in non shared accommodation, but will consider options for the right position.
- Well behaved and utterly charming cocker spaniel to be accommodated
- Start date Spring 2021 onwards
- Part time/full time, short term/long term all considered