- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 3rd May 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 11th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Showing, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I currently hold my ABRS Equitation 1-8 and ABRS Stable Management 1-8. I have now owned my own horse for 2 years where I have done everything from hunting to lower key competitions with her. I have worked for a local riding school, Nenthorn Equestrian Centre over the past few years which includes preparing horses for lessons including teaching and presenting horses immaculately for common ridings. I recently have worked as a yard manager and rider for a small family on an estate whose interests are in show jumpers. I have experience at clipping, plaiting to a higher standard and pulling manes. I find myself confident with getting horses turned out ready for competitions. I have experience of riding horses from show jumpers, to hunters to eventers to strong common riding horses. I’ve also worked as a work rider on a racing yard, which I do all yard duties, ride out, school horses and go to race meetings.
I find that I am good at working alone as my previous job I am there myself so have to be competent and assure I am doing everything to the highest of standards. I have worked in a small team with being part of Nenthorn Equestrian Centre and enjoyed being able to work with others. I currently do freelance plaiting for people over the summer for competitons so I have to be able to turn horses out to a high standard. I have handled young horses and stallions and feel confident in doing so. I am confident with keeping on top of horses medical records from vaccinations, farrier visits, physiotherapy visits and more. I have my Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. I am confident with riding new horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy seeing horses improving and being able to do well when out competing. I thoroughly enjoy riding and the turning out of horses before competitions and being able to attend competitions with the horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my knowledge in the racing industry.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I think employers should consider myself as I have such a strong interest with horses, would like the best for all owners of the horses and am happy to learn and improve on my weaknesses.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience in different aspects of the equestrian industry and excel and do well.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on location but not if within 25 miles of Galashiels, Scottish Borders, but I’d happily take a live in position if elsewhere.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?