- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 4th August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Devon, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 7th September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period NA
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, Racing Flat, Showing, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with all types of horses from all ages. I have backed ponies and horses for children and competition riders. I used to work for the Devon and Somerset StagHounds and have a lot of experience in the hunting world including second horsing. I have ridden for years now and I am ready to take it to the next step. I also have my horse care and management NVQ level 2.
I started off with riding for a woman called Jay Ward who taught me everything I know about showing and handling naughty horses and ponies. I then progressed onto volunteering for the friends of the dartmoor hill pony charity and riding in the display team at large country shows like Devon County Show. Charlotte Faulkner, the founder of friends of the dartmoor hill pony then asked me to start backing the ponies for children which then got me noticed to start dealing with bigger and higher standard horses. As soon as I finished school I moved away onto exmoor and worked for the Devon and Somerset StagHounds, I hunted 3 days a week and rode 6 horses a day including normal yard duties and the odd bit of competing including working hunter and steeple chasing.
I feel like I am good at most of the essential jobs in the horse world. I turn out to a very high standard as I’m a bit of a perfectionist. I am very capable and willing to do anything.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love working with horses because it’s very rewarding and gives me purpose. I love being outside and I don’t mind early mornings.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to improve my jumping and would like to experience more in the competing world.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a confident and experienced rider and I am always willing to do anything that’s beneficial for the horse and owner. I’m fun and very good with people but professional too.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
A wider knowledge in the care and up keep when something goes wrong with a horse and how to deal with problems when they occur.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?