- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 24th May 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 21st October 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Four weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rehabilitation, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
Grown up around horses, and came up through Pony Club for Braes of Derwent South branch competing in all teams. Competed at BE90 also with my own horse. Worked on 5* Eventing yard as a yard and competition groom which included all daily duties (mucking out, hay, water, turn out/bring in). Riding role included hacking, schooling and jumping horses from 4-year-old to advanced British Eventing (BE). I also attended BE events across the country as a competition groom including Badminton, and Burghley Horse trials. This taught me a lot at a young age about organisation and responsibility which has stuck with me throughout.
Whilst studying at Warwickshire College for my BSc Hons Equine Science degree, I worked at Drakeley Stables, a luxury livery and competition yard. All usual yard duties were carried out, including daily turn out to a high standard, riding and lunging a variety from small FEI competition ponies to large competitive show-jumpers and dressage horses. An essential part of this role was client care and professionalism; with clients around the yard every day to see their horses it was therefore important for us to deal with any requests regarding the horses’ routine and care with compassion and efficiency. Here I expanded my prior experience and knowledge greatly and gained further experience working with foals and stallions, as well as therapy and rehabilitation with this tailored livery package also offered. This role further developed my care and management skills, often taking sole charge of the yard. This job also allowed me to further improve my communication skills, and in the process, found a love for seeing clients at ease and compliment the running of the yard and level of care given to both them and their horse’s.
I am very hard-working and like to get on with the job, happy to work as part of a team to get the job done but also can handle sole charge if needed.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Absolutely love being outside and being active. I very much pay attention to detail to everything and like things to be perfectly done, and everything in place. Organising and tidying are one of my strengths!
Unfortunately I have never been the most confident rider so i wouldn’t be willing to get on anything, however I enjoy riding a sane and sensible horse as part of the job.
I would like to just enjoy my next job, I’m happy to get on with all yard duties and potentially have some riding in the role, or, if office based, develop the transferable skills I have gained through my degree and current role as a Clinical Administrator.
No accommodation would be required, my horse is retired and therefore having one at my place of work is not necessary and I only have a cat so she can stay at home!
Holidays are booked from 17th December 2019 until 3rd January 2020.