- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 27th January 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Somerset, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st November 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Began riding horses when I was 10, it started as a hobby but now I would love to progress with my career. I have worked at many different yards such as riding schools, rescue centre, polo yard, racing yard and I have also had a horse on load in the past. I have completed my level 2 equine care at Kingston Maurward College. I was doing my Level 3 equine care as an apprenticeship but unfortunately could not complete it as the employer retired and could no longer continue my training. My apprenticeship included solo yard supervision, client and farrier liaising and instruction, mentoring and coaching new members of staff. Working to a daily routine adhering to time schedules in accordance with management instruction.
I am good at working independently. I can handle young and energetic horses as I have worked with and ridden race horses. I am good at organising the yard such as mucking out, turning in and out, tacking up and riding the horses promptly.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the general care of horses, I have always wanted a horse of my own but never been able to. I enjoy spending time with the horses – grooming and mucking out and making sure they are happy.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding. I would like to improve my jumping, I haven’t done much jumping over the years and would like to become good at it.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely hard working in everything that I do. As I mentioned already I was doing my level 3 apprenticeship but it sadly was cut short. I want the opportunity to improve myself as I feel I haven’t yet had the chance to shine. 🙂
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience with horses and improve my riding.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?